YourTexasBenefits.com is a website set up by the Texas Health and Human Services (HHSC) so that you could easily apply and keep track of your benefits anytime and anywhere. YourTexasBenefits makes it convenient for applicants and beneficiaries alike because they don’t have to come into any office for any process and transaction personally.
In this guide, we’ll be discussing the programs covered by YourTexasBenefits.com, the application process, and other available resources that might help you.
- 1 What Benefits Are Included in YourTexasBenefits?
- 2 How to Apply for YourTexasBenefits Benefits
- 3 Conclusion (YourTexasBenefits)
What Benefits Are Included in YourTexasBenefits?
State benefit programs help citizens with little or no money who are in need. Such programs give them access to basic necessities such as food and YourTexasBenefits health care. Below are the benefit programs that are found on YourTexasBenefits.com.
SNAP Food Benefits
This food benefits program helps people buy the food they need to have good health. Beneficiaries may also buy garden seeds with the SNAP benefits. The SNAP food benefits are put on the Lone Star Card, which can be used the same way as a credit card. This card can only be used at stores that accept SNAP.
However, SNAP cannot be used to do the following:
- Purchase tobacco products
- Purchase alcoholic drinks
- Purchase items that you cannot eat or drink
- Pay for food bills that you owe
TANF Cash Help
This cash help program helps families pay for basic living needs. These necessities include:
- Supplies for the household
- Medical supplies not covered by Medicaid
- Other basic needs
There are three types of TANF programs that cover different household setups. These are TANF for families, One-time TANF, and One-time TANF for grandparents.
Beneficiaries could get health benefits through a variety of state programs. The health benefit programs included on the site are the following:
- CHIP and Children’s Medicaid
- Medicaid Buy-In for Children
- CHIP perinatal coverage
- Medicaid for low-income pregnant women
- Medicaid for Breast and Cervical cancer
- Healthy Texas Women
For Young Adults and Families
- Medicaid for Transitioning Foster Care Youth
- Medicaid for Former Foster Care Children
- Medicaid for an adult caring for a child
For PWDs and People Aged 65+
- Medicaid for long-term care
- Medicaid for people who get Supplemental Security Income
- Medicaid Savings Program
- Medicaid Buy-In for adults
WIC Food Benefits
The WIC food health benefits program under Your Texas Benefits helps pregnant, breastfeeding women, and families with children younger than five years old buy healthy foods. The state’s WIC program helps families by giving support from pregnancy to delivery to raising a child until their 5th birthday.
The Texas HSSC has other support services for other cases not mentioned above. They offer services which include:
- Help with daily living necessities, which include bathing, dressing, making meals, eating, shopping, or laundry.
- Help for caregivers who need a short break
- Treatment for mental health issues
- Treatment for drug or alcohol abuse cases
These services are for people who are:
- Older or have a disability
- Caregiver of a person who is older or has a disability
- In need of help with a mental health issue
- In need of help with drug or alcohol abuse problems
Access the YourTexasBenefits.com home page and click on Log In. A window will pop-up, prompting you to type in your username and password. Fill those out and click on Log In.
How to Apply for YourTexasBenefits Benefits
There are several ways which you can use to apply for your HHSC benefits. We’ve listed down the details for each method down below:
YourTexasBenefits Online Application
You can apply for your benefits through the website. Follow the steps below to start your application:
- Access the YourTexasBenefits website
- Click on the Apply tab
- Click Apply Now
- Log in or create an account
Get free help in your application by visiting a community partner located in your area. You may look up the list of community partners in your area through the Texas Community Partner Program website.
Should you need assistance in applying for your benefits, call the toll free 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905. After you have chosen your preferred language, press 2. Staff will be able to assist you from Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
If you can’t apply for your benefits online, print out the form and fill it out by hand. Follow the steps below to complete your handwritten application:
Getting Forms from the YourTexasBenefits Website
- Access the YourTexasBenefits website
- Click on Get a Paper Form found at the bottom of the page
- Click Download to print or Send by Mail if you want the forms mailed to you
Requesting Forms via Phone Call
- Call the toll free 2-1-1 or 877-541-7905
- After selecting your preferred language, press 2
- Request forms from our staff
YourTexasBenefits has made it convenient to apply and monitor your benefits all in one site. It eliminates the need to go to physical offices, saving you time and energy.
What are your experiences with using YourTexasBenefits.com? Let us know in the comment section below.